The Psychology Behind Sales Calls
When outsourcing to a telemarketing company, making those calls is their focus. And they’re good at it. They are not distracted by managing other accounts, appointments and don’t work through endless sales admin. It is important to understand the reasoning behind your call, as this will make it easier for the customer to engage.
They have a prospect database of companies that suit your ‘ideal customer’ criteria. To ensure every sales call is successful…
- Always begin a sales call with a positive comment.
- Understand who you are talking to and quickly identify their requirement. Don’t waste their time or yours if they are not interested or do not have the potential to be an ideal customer.
- Stay in control of the conversation – Deliver your elevator pitch and focus on emphasising the benefits of using your company. As a result, the customer will see a real benefit in working with you.
- Don’t bad mouth the competition.
- Stand up to encourage a positive attitude.
- Record the conversation on the CRM, while remembering to note any specific details. These can be both personal and business related, to support you with future sales and nurturing the lead.
By using these tips, the customers will see the more personal side of your business.
To find out more about how our we can support you and build a sales pipeline for your internal sales team to follow up on click here to get in touch